Friday, December 11, 2015

Spring Loaded Rocking Horse

When I was a little kid, I had a rocking horse. It wasn't just a little, ordinary horse on rockers though. It was on springs! I would climb aboard, and I could rock back and forth, with the horse's nose and tail almost touching the ground each time I rocked. I could also bounce on it. It was my favorite toy and I can remember rocking wildly on it, feeling so happy, my pig tails flying behind me.
My horse looked kind of like this.

They still make horses similar to this, although now of course they are full of safety precautions, like seatbelts and spring covers. Plus, they do extra things like make noise and talk and stuff. Here are two that I found.




Radio Flyer Blaze Interactive Riding Horse
Ages: 2 to 6 (up to 60 pounds)
This horse has a realistic mane, a brush to care for the mane, and pretend carrots to feed him. When you feed him the carrots, Blaze makes eating sounds. It has an X-frame with a step on it, so children can easily get on the horse without having to clamor and slide onto it the way I had to when I was young. You can walk, trot and gallop, and the horse makes different sounds depending on how fast you are going. Blaze is made by our old favorite, Radio Flyer!




Rockin' Rider Maverick Plush Spring Horse
Ages: 2 and up (up to 65 pounds)
Made by a company that specializes in rocking horses, Maverick has soft fur that makes him feel like a giant stuffed animal. His stirrups can be adjusted to three lengths, so that the child can continue to ride as she grows taller. If you press one of his ears, he sings a song called "I'm A Little Pony." When you press his other ear, he makes a variety of horse sounds. This horse also has volume control that parents can set if they are easily annoyed by noisy toys. (Both of these horses would also work perfectly well without any batteries in them... they just wouldn't make the noises. That might be preferable to some parents!)

Any kid who enjoys rocking toys will love to have one of these horses!

No comments:

Post a Comment